Carpet Cleaning Myths
There are a good many myths about regular carpet cleaning and carpet care. We at The Floor Doctor thought to take a few minutes in this month’s blog and talk to you about the myths about carpet cleaning.
- Time to clean when dirt is visible – Carpet dirt is not always visible. Dirt can work its way into the fibers of the carpet and cause unnecessary wear and tear.
- Steam cleaning is better than dry cleaning – This is not always the case. There are plenty of excellent cleaning methods that do not require steam. Each cleaning style is effective in its own way.
- Clean carpets get dirty again more quickly – This is not the case except when too much detergent is used. The detergent can leave a film on the carpet, but it is not known to attract dirt.
- All carpet cleaners are the same – This is the most egregious myth of all. We at The Floor Doctor work hard to set ourselves apart from all of the other carpet cleaning companies and do it with the same results every time for a happy customer.
- Carpet cleaning machines are rough on carpet – If this were the case, why would you schedule regular cleanings? Regular carpet cleaning will only help, not harm, carpets.
- Carpet cleaners provide the same quality – Again, this is a serious error in thinking. Not all carpet cleaning companies are established, use the latest equipment and techniques, and genuinely care about the customer to the degree that The Floor Doctor cares.
- The home rental machines are just as good – Those machines you can get at the grocery store do not have the suction power and ability of the commercial grade equipment you can expect from The Floor Doctor. You may save a few dollars on a rental, but it will not have the same effect as professional grade commercial cleaning equipment.
There you have it – several myths about carpet cleaning dispelled. Be sure to schedule your carpet cleaning with The Floor Doctor soon. We look forward to earning your trust and business.
Leave a Comment